How do I replace the batteries in the Shutoff Valve?
To replace the batteries in the Wally Shutoff Valve, follow these steps:
- Loosen the screw from the bottom of the battery compartment
- Install the 4 batters with the positive ends pointed to the top of the compartment
- Replace the battery compartment cover and tighten the screw
- The valve will perform a self-test and the motor stem will begin to turn as part of the test
What do I do if the Shutoff Valve does not reconnect after being offline?
If the Wally Shutoff Valve does not reconnect after being offline, follow these steps to reestablish connectivity to the Wally Hub:
- Check to make sure that your Valve has good network connectivity by pressing on the button twice. If the light flashes red, the Shutoff Valve has poor connectivity and you will need to move the hub closer. If the light flashes orange, the Shutoff Valve has good connectivity.
- Open the Wally app up and select the Valve tile from the dashboard.
- Tap the offline alert in the mobile or web app to begin the re-pairing process
- Press and hold the button on the Valve until the LED begins flashing green and then follow the instructions in the mobile or web app
What do I do if I am unable to pair the Shutoff Valve?
First check to make sure that your Valve has good network connectivity by following these steps:
- Press the button twice on the Valve and if the LED is red, you will need to move your Wally Hub closer
- Press the button twice on the Valve and if the LED is orange, that Valve has good connectivity
- Once the LED is orange, follow the setup instructions in the mobile or web app
What do I do if I have tried everything and can’t get the valve to shut off?
In your Wally Shutoff Valve box is a key you can use to change the position of the actuator manually. You place the key in the top slot and turn it a quarter turn in the direction you wish it to go to either open or close the ball valve. You may also remove the Wally Shutoff Valve by removing the two mounting screws and using a crescent wrench to turn the ball valve stem manually.
How do I manually operate the Shutoff Valve?
To manually open or close your Wally Shutoff Valve you may use the Wally app or do it directly from the valve itself.
From the Wally mobile and web apps:
- Tap the Wally Shutoff Valve tile and tap the button at the top to trigger a state change
- The valve will begin to move within a few seconds
From the valve:
- Single press the orange button on the valve
- The valve will begin to move
How to Pair the Wally Shutoff Valve
To fully leverage the benefits of having the Wally Shutoff Valve, you need to pair it to the Wally Hub so that it can be used in conjunction with Wally Sensors to protect your home. Follow these steps to pair your valve with the Wally Hub:
- Open your Wally mobile or web app and choose “Add Product”
- Select Wally Shutoff Valve from the options and follow the steps in the app
- When the Wally Shutoff Valve has successfully paired, the LED will stop flashing and a new tile will appear in the app
- To confirm successful pairing, tap the tile and tap the button to manually trigger a state change (open or close). Do this next to the valve so you can confirm it is doing what you expect.